In-Person Meetings at View Church Tygerberg Hills
We are so excited to host our community in-person again for church! Your safety is our priority and we have prepared the venue to host you in a safe way. All our volunteers have done a Covid Training session to ensure we adhere to all safety regulations and guidelines set out by the government.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN COMING TO CHURCH
- Our online registration system will open every Monday ahead of each service. (eg. registrations will open up on Monday, 5 October for our Sunday service taking place on the 11th of October)
- Places of worship are allowed a maximum of 50% capacity for a service at any one time. This occupancy limit allows for individuals or households to remain at least 1.5 metres apart at any time. All the chairs will therefore be spaced 1.5m apart.
- We will control the limit of people in attendance through our online registration system whereby everyone needs to pre-book a seat before the Sunday service. Remember, kids also need to be pre-booked into their specific classes as space is limited. We have 150 seats available in the Main Auditorium, and 40 spots open for our kids.
- No one will be allowed into the venue without a mask.
- Our amazing volunteers will help direct the flow of people in and out of the building. To ensure a pleasant experience for everyone, please arrive 15 minutes earlier to allow us to do all the checks and sign you in.
- To support public health contact tracing efforts in the event that an attendee at the place of worship tests positive, individuals have been asked to please provide their name and contact information when attending the Sunday service onsite through our online registration system which allows us to capture their information into our database.
- Hand sanitizers will be at the door for people to use when they enter and exit the building. The same will apply for our kids church, there will be sanitisers available in each classroom.
- We will remove all non-essential communal items, such as offering envelopes and connect cards. These items will be available in the connect area, should you wish to take one.
- Please remember to replace hugs, kisses and handshakes with virtual high fives, a nice nod or wave!
TITHES & OFFERING
- We will avoid passing the offering bucket around, please continue using our online giving systems (EFT and Snapscan) for tithes and offering.
- Additionally, you will be able to use our credit card facilities for any offerings/donations.
- We will have offering envelopes available in the Connect Area, should you wish do give your tithes in cash. Please place your offering in our Anything Box, mounted on the wall in the back of the auditorium.
- The coffee and food you have come to know and love will be on sale.
- To ensure everyones safety we have also put the following measures in place:
- There will be no self-serve style systems (such as the free tea and coffee) as coffee will be sold at our barista station in order to maintain safe hygiene during this time.
- We will ensure adequate sanitizing stations are located close to food.
- We will ensure appropriate physical distancing is maintained in food service and eating areas.
- Physical contact between the designated serving team and congregants should not occur while serving food or drinks. Instead, the server will place the individual food or drink portion in a congregant’s outstretched hand, or on a table for the congregant to pick up.
- The designated serving team will wear rubber gloves when serving.
CLEANING AND HYGIENE
- We have established a cleaning and disinfecting protocol that addresses high-contact surfaces throughout the facility, including doors, tables, and chairs as well as our Kids Church classrooms.
- We have developed a cleaning schedule and have assigned and trained a staff person who is responsible for completing cleaning tasks and ensuring these tasks are completed.
- The facility and Kids Church classrooms have been Covid cleaned and at the end of each service we will make use of disinfectant fogger spray to sanitise the above mentioned areas.
- We will make sanitizer available to congregants, volunteers, and staff at all times. We will have free standing dispensers in the auditorium and foyer areas as well as in the Kids Church classrooms.